Routine Analysis: Samples may be submitted by campus researchers for routine analysis on any of the instruments within the UIC. Our professional staff is capable of performing the analysis and assisting in the interpretation of the results.
Hands-On Use of UIC Instruments: If a UIC instrument is to be used as a major tool in a research project, the UIC will provide training on the instrument to enable the researcher to become a certified operator.
UIC Engineering Services:
- Repair and Maintenance: The UIC instrument repair facility is available for electronic and mechanical repair of scientific equipment including shaker tables, pH meters, balances, microscopes, pipettes, centrifuges, and spectrophotometers. The instruments can be repaired in the laboratory or delivered to the Parsons Hall facility. Click here to access the repair request form.
- Engineering Consultation: The UIC offers consultation on engineering procedures and projects for research and academic labs
- Calibration: We calibrate pipettes, balances, and temperature equipment using NIST traceable Weights and a Temperature standard.
- Lab VIEW: We administer the LabVIEW software license for the entire campus and provide a preventive maintenance program for instructional instrumentation.
- Instrumentation: New and Used instrument purchase consultations.
- Contact: Call Rob Cinq-Mars at 862-0174 for more information.
Large Instrumentation Purchase Consulation: If you are writing a grant for a new large piece of instrumentation and are unsure of the installation requirements, we can help you during the proposal writing process. For more infomration please contact John Wilderman at 862-1092 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UIC Solvents & Supplies: The UIC sells solvents and supplies to be used on our instruments. Click here to see a full list of items usually found in stock. If you require something that is not on our list, please inquire as to the availability through special ordering.