Research Development (RD) helps faculty and other researchers develop strategies and build skills for grant seeking; facilitates development of competitive proposals; coordinates UNH responses to special funding and award programs; and nominates UNH researchers for prestigious external prizes, awards, and appointments.
One-on-one services for those seeking external funding for their research, teaching, outreach, and other scholarly activities include assistance with:
- Assessing readiness to submit proposals
- Finding appropriate funding sources
- Reaching out to federal and foundation program officers
- Referrals to other campus resources
- Connecting with potential collaborators
- Identifying potential partners for broader impacts activities
- Learning successful proposal writing strategies
- Developing proposal components
- Establishing proposal milestones and timelines
- Obtaining templates and standardized text
- Getting expert critiques on proposal drafts
- Editing and polishing final proposals
- Analyzing comments from sponsor reviews
- Developing strategies for resubmissions
Group services include:
- Topic-specific workshops
- Semester- and academic-year-long programs:
- CAREER proposals to NSF, DOE, and DOD
- "PUSH USDA"
- Multi-investigator proposals
- Intensive grant writing seminars
RD also participates in faculty and student programs hosted by the UNH Provost’s Office, the Office of National Fellowships, the Graduate School and other UNH schools and colleges, and UNH research institutes and centers.
A program schedule can be found on the Workshops, Education & Training page.
- Coordinates UNH's responses to limited submission programs, including managing internal pre-proposal competitions
- Nominates UNH researchers for prestigious external prizes, awards, and appointments
- Works closely with UNH Advancement/Foundation Relations to make working with nonprofit sponsors seamless for researchers