- Be written in everyday language
- Conform to sponsor requirements for line items that require justification
- Use the sponsoring agency's template when possible
- Be organized in the order of the items in the detailed budget
- Follow sponsor text formatting requirements
Draft budget justifications for some major sponsoring agencies at UNH:
Drawing on its status as a leading authority on sustainability within higher education, acts as a convener, cultivator, and champion of sustainability on campus, in the state and region, and around the world, working closely with educators, students, policymakers, and researchers to bring learning in sustainability to life
EPSCoR/IDeA expands and improves the research capability of scientists, engineers, mathematicians, technologists, and institutions in states that historically have received less funding than other states have through federal research grants.
EPSCoR (Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research) was created by the National Science Foundation (NSF) in 1979. IDeA (Institutional Development Award) is the corollary program at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
EPSCoR-type programs also have been developed by other federal agencies: