Limited Submission Programs (LSPs)
Limited Submission Programs (LSPs)
• Funding opportunities that have limits on the number of proposals submitted by UNH
• UNH process for selecting which proposals will be submitted
• Special considerations when applying to foundations and other not-for-profit sponsors
Sponsors sometimes limit the number of proposals that UNH may submit to a specific funding opportunity.
An update of Limited Submission Programs (LSPs) with deadlines in the next few months is sent via email to the Research Office list of Principal Investigators & Project Directors each month.
If you're not getting this message and want to, contact Kathy Cataneo to be added to this PI/PD list.
Find an on-line list of limited submission programs with deadlines in the near-future at LSPs to Act on Now.
Standardized procedures have been implemented to facilitate a fair and strategic University-wide process to select the proposals to be submitted to these programs:
(1) Selection of the proposals for the National Endowment to the Humanities (NEH) Summer Stipend program is conducted by the Center for the Humanities.
Deadline for internal competition: early August
(2) State-wide competitions for EPSCoR funding opportunities (NSF, NASA, DOE, etc.) and NIH IDeA programs are coordinated by the NH EPSCoR office.
(3) All proposals to the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation MUST be coordinated with Diane Schaefer, UNH Advancement Office/UNH Foundation. More Info
(4) Internal competitions for programs of high interest will be announced by the Director of Research Development and Communications via an email that will contain the deadlines and details of the competition. Information also will be posted on the LSPs to Act on Now page.
These programs include (but are not limited to) the following:
♦ NSF Major Research Instrumentation (MRI)
Preproposals due by Nov. 17, 2014 8:00 AM Guidelines
♦ NSF Research Traineeship Program (NRT)
♦ NSF Partnerships for Research & Education (PIRE)
♦ Pew Scholars Program in the Biomedical Sciences
♦ Searle Scholars Program
(5) For all other sponsors/programs, please indicate your interest in applying by sending to to the Director of Research Development and Communications no later than 2 months before the sponsor's deadline:
- 1-2 page summary of your intended project
- Sponsor's name, specific program name, deadline date, and a URL for the program guidelines (or attach a copy of the guidelines)
If more PIs indicate interest than the number of proposals allowed, the Director of Research Development and Communications, in consultatons with the Senior Vice Provost for Research and an Advisory Committee, will determine whether an internal competition will be conducted to inform their strategic choices re: which proposals will go forward from UNH.
(6) If it is past the internal deadline (i.e., within 2 months of the sponsor's deadline), contact the Director of Research Development and Communications to see if there are any remaining openings.
Many foundations and other not-for-profit sponsors prefer to receive a limited number of inquiries, letters of intent and/or proposals from UNH even if they have not explicitly indicated a limit in their program information or application instructions.
For guidance, particularly concerning the sponsors listed below, contact:
Director of Foundation Relations
UNH Advancement Office/ UNH Foundation
firstname.lastname@example.org or 862-4483
Use this form to provide info about your needs
As of 8/1/14