Any student of the University may, with the approval of his/her adviser and the continuing consent of the instructor, audit any course at the University.
- The deadline for requesting an Audit is the 5th Friday of the fall or spring semester or the last day to drop without academic liability in January Term or Summer Session.
- The instructor will determine requirements for attendance, participation, and any written work.
- Audits appear on the academic record with a grade notation of ‘AU’; no credits are earned.
- Students who do not meet the criteria set by the instructor will be dropped from the course.
- Tuition varies for audit courses; see Undergraduate Tuition and Fees, Graduate Tuition and Fees, and Continuing Education Audit Privileges for details.