Any student of the University may, with the approval of his/her adviser and the continuing consent of the instructor, audit courses at the University.
- The deadline for requesting an audit is the 5th Friday of the fall or spring semester or the last day to drop without academic liability in Summer Session.
- The instructor will determine requirements for attendance, participation, and any written work.
- Audits appear on the academic record with a grade notation of ‘AU’; no credits are earned.
- Students who do not meet the criteria set by the instructor will be dropped from the course.
- Tuition varies for audit courses; see Undergraduate Tuition and Fees, Graduate Tuition and Fees, and Continuing Education Audit Privileges for details.
- Download Add/Drop Change of Registration Form