WHAT IS A MINOR AND HOW DO I GET A MINOR LISTED ON MY RECORD?
A student may earn a minor in any undergraduate discipline in the University
of New Hampshire, which has been approved by the College's Executive Committee.
A list of approved minors is available at each college dean's office and on the
web at the Minor's List page.
A Minor Consist of:
- 20 or more semester hours of credit.
- A grade of C- or better and a 2.00 grade point average in subjects which
the minor department approves.
- Courses taken on Pass/Fail basis may not be used for a
- No more than 8 credits used by a student to satisfy major requirements may
be used for the minor.
NOTE: Students may take more than one minor. No more than
two courses can be used to simultaneously satisfy requirements for a student's
major and minor, or two minors.
How do I get a Minor listed on my record?
- Check with Department you want to minor in for specific requirements.
- Some departments require students to file and Intent-to-Minor Form for
departmental approval, that is NOT same thing as the
Completion of Minor Form.
- Complete a
Certification of Completion of Minor Form available at the Registratration
- The student must have the minor approved by his/her major adviser and by
the minor supervisor. Obtain signature of major adviser, Minor
supervisor, and college dean.
- The college dean will forward
Completion of Minor Form to the Registration Office for processing.
Once completed minors will be posted onto the student's record.
|The minor will appear on the student's academic record when
all necessary courses have been successfully completed. The minor will
not appear on the student's diploma.