UNH Procurement Services
Last updated: 27-Mar-2015
Email Options: Web site comments/suggestions
| General inquiries
The following methods are available to initiate a purchase request or to pay for
goods or services and are listed in order of the preferred method when applicable:
- PCard or Convenience
The PCard is generally used to pay for certain small dollar, high volume
purchases. The convenience check can be used when a vendor doesn't accept
- Direct Pay Invoice
A direct pay invoice can be used to purchase and pay for certain limited
goods and/or services without a purchase order. A check will be issued to
the vendor. A direct pay invoice generally requires a vendor code. (See
Direct Pay - No Vendor Code for exceptions).
- Requisition/Purchase Order (REQ/PO)
The requisition is an internal document used to initiate a purchase request
for goods or services and should be used when the above methods cannot be
utilized. Purchasing will generate a PO from the REQ document, determine
the type of PO (see below) and send to the vendor.
- Standing - Purchase order that will have multiple orders and/or
payments for goods/services or does not have a specific quantity or unit
price. Typical examples include purchase orders for services, construction
projects, business meals, and maintenance.
- Regular - Purchase order for a one-time purchase and payment
for line item goods that have a specific quantity and unit price. Typical
examples include purchases of furniture, computers, and equipment.
- Entering a Requisition - Module 4: Lesson
- Canceling a Requisition - Module 4: Lesson
The BSC can indicate the type of PO by specifying "Regular" or "Standing"
in the comments field on the requisition.
A change order can be processed to modify an existing purchase order. Typical
changes include increasing or decreasing the dollar amount, changing FOAPAL
information and changing a vendor address.
Close, Open or Cancel a PO
- Entering a change order - Module 4: Lesson
- Canceling a change order - Module 4: Lesson
To close a PO, the final payment indicator should be used on the final Banner
Regular Invoice document. This will relieve any remaining encumbrance and change
the PO status from open to closed. If this does not occur or it occurs in error,
then Purchasing can close or open the PO as necessary. Purchasing can also cancel
a PO if it was processed in error or should no longer be honored. A change order
should not be processed to close or cancel a PO.
Other Purchasing Related Information:
A vendor code is used to identify a person or company in the Banner system.
Purchasing is responsible for creating and maintaining the vendor file.
Ship to Codes
Banner ship-to codes are used on requisitions and purchase orders to indicate
to the vendor where items should be shipped and who the responsible ordering
department is. Purchasing creates and maintains these codes.
How do I find my 'ship to code'?
How do I setup a new 'ship to code' or update the address for an existing code?
- Access the form 'FTVSHIP' in Banner
- Enter a new query
- Enter your department name in the contact name field (the building & floor
fields do not contain data)
- Execute the query to retrieve the 'ship to code'
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate if the request is for a new code or a change to an existing code
- Purchasing will update the existing Banner 'ship to code' or create a new
- Ship to Codes are also the consignee code when placing orders with OfficeMax
on-line or by phone. Purchasing will notify OfficeMax of all new/changed 'ship
- Use the code "UOTHER" on requisitions only, when your existing code is not
applicable and need to specify special delivery instructions
tips to use in Banner (Click "Cancel" if prompted to enter network password)
- Purchasing Banner Tid-bits (PowerPoint
- Document Numbering
- Query Forms
in Banner for Purchasing/AP related documents (Click "Cancel" if prompted
to enter network password)
- Banner to CUFS/CUFS to Banner
- Central Purchasing Processes Documentation
Back to Purchasing Home Page