Declaring a Major in Political Science
Political Science major Virginia DeFreitas-Battersby is interested in how Costa Rican women become politically active and the barriers they face. She interviewed women politicians in San Jose, Costa Rica.
Students entering the University as first-year or transfer students may declare a major in Political Science as part of the Admissions process.
If you are a continuing student interested in declaring the major, please complete the change of program process outlined below.
The change of program process
If you are currently in a major or undeclared within the College of Liberal Arts…
- Sign in to MyUNHblackboard
- Select Webcat/Services and continue to Webcat
- Select Student Services & Financial Aid
- Select Student Records
- Select Change Major/Option and follow prompts
If you are currently in a major NOT within the College of Liberal Arts…
- Obtain a paper yellow change of program form from the Registrar's Office or download one here.
- Meet with your advisor, and obtain signature and your student academic file.
- Go to your current Dean’s Office, obtain signature.
- Bring your signed form and file to our office where we will instruct you on next steps.