Parents Resource Guide: Student Services
Housing and Dining
Twenty-seven residence halls feature spacious lounges, quiet study areas, and helpful resident assistants. Dining Services provides students, faculty, and staff with healthy, tasty options at twelve locations at almost any hour. A full-time staff nutritionist can help with meal choices, weight management, and healthy eating.
- Dining Services (603) 862-3463
- Housing (603) 862-2120
- Residential Life (603) 862-2268
- Cat’s Cache (603) 862-1821
Disability Services for Students
Disability Services for Students assists students with documented disabilities (physical, medical, cognitive, psychological, or chronic illness) by providing appropriate accommodations such as note takers, extended exam time, interpreters, or other appropriate accommodations as requested, including building accessibility, specialized software, and van transportation on campus.
- Disability Services for Students (603) 862-2607
- Business Services Office (603) 862-2230 (for billing and tuition questions)
- Financial Aid Office (603) 862-3600. Approximately 70 percent of UNH undergraduates receive some form of financial aid. Campus job opportunities for students needing financial assistance are posted on the Web site.
- Parents now have real-time account views with an online payment option through the My UNH Parent Portal. Visit www.cis.unh.edu.
- All UNH undergraduates can get Cat’s Cache, a debit account that can be used for a variety of purchases on and off campus. Deposits can be made via a tuition remittance form, the Web, mail, or at the Cat’s Cache office.
- The N.H. Higher Education Assistance Foundation (NHHEAF) is a source for student loans, and acts as a guarantor for the Federal Family Education Loan Program (Guaranteed Student Loan Program). NHHEAF also helps guide individuals through the financial aid process and provides access to more than 2,500 national public and private scholarship sources.
- Banks in Durham:
Federal Savings Bank (603) 868-1111
NH Federal Credit Union (603) 868-2085
Ocean Bank (603) 866-5574, (603) 868-1022
Organizations and Clubs
Students can make new friends, learn new skills, and build a résumé by joining one of 130 student organizations. Research shows that students who are involved have better college experiences. Student Organization Services.
- Community Service and Learning (603) 862-2197
- Commuter Student Services (603) 862-0303
- Leadership Programs (603) 862-0303
- New Hampshire Outing Club (603) 862-2145
- The New Hampshire, Student Newspaper (603) 862-1323
- Student and Academic Services (603) 862-2053
- Student Organization Services (603) 862-4600
- Student Senate (603) 862-1494
- UNH Greek Life (603) 862-1002
- WUNH-FM, Student Radio Station (91.3 FM) (603) 862-2222
Media and Technology
UNH students have access to all the technology they need for college and beyond. Before you buy a computer for your student, call the Computing Help Desk, (603) 862-4242, to learn about University-supported products to ensure compatibility.
- Computer Store (603) 862-1328
- Computing and Information Services (603) 862-4242
- UNH Bookstore (603) 862-2140
- UNH ResNet/Internet Connections (603) 862-4242
- UNH Telecommunications (603) 862-1030
Did You Know?
Student educational records, including grades, are confidential. Federal law protects your student’s right to privacy. If you claim your student as a dependent on your income tax form, you may receive his or her grades by completing a grade request form. If your student is not a dependent, you may receive a grade report if he or she completes an authorization form. Both forms are available through the Registrar’s Office: (603) 862-1500, or e-mail email@example.com.
Cars, Parking, and Transportation
Green areas and open spaces are important at UNH. Designed to be a walking campus, parking spaces are limited. Freshmen and sophomores living in UNH housing are typically not allowed to have vehicles on campus. Exceptions may be considered for academic, disability, medical, or some employment requirements.
UNH Transportation Services administers visitor parking. Visitors are welcome to park at the Visitors Center in A-Lot and use Wildcat Transit to get around campus. For a campus map visit: www.unh.edu/map. Other services offered by Transportation Services are Cat Courier, Guaranteed Ride Home, and Safe Rides.
- UNH Transportation Services (603) 862-1010 TTY (800) 735-2964
- Car Pool (603) 862-1010
- Cat Courier (603) 862-2328
- Cat Cycles (603) 862-4088
- Guaranteed Ride Home (603) 862-2328
- Off-Campus and Commuter Services (603) 862-0303
- Ride Share or GoLoco
- Safe Rides (603) 365-6406
- Wildcat Access (603) 862-2607
- Wildcat Transit (603) 862-2328
- Amtrak Downeaster Train Service (800) USA-RAIL
- C&J Trailways (800)-258-7111
- COAST Bus Service (603) 743-5777
- Seacoast Area Bike Routes
UNH parking lots are labeled with signs indicating which permit holders can park there (residents, faculty/staff, etc.). Parking permits are required for all campus lots with the exception of metered lots. Parking tickets are issued for all parking violations, including expired meters and winter parking ban violations. Visit UNH Transportation Services.
From exam prep to time management training and writing instruction, help with academic questions and challenges is just a click or call away.
- Center for Academic Resources (603) 862-3698; TTY (800) 735-2964
- Center for International Education (Study Away) (603) 862-2398
- Computer Help Desk (603) 862-4242
- Continuing Education and Summer Session (603) 862-2015
- Dimond Library (603) 862-1535
- Hamel Center for Undergraduate Research (603) 862-4323
- Inquiry Journal of Undergraduate Research (603) 862-3531
- International Research Opportunities Program (IROP) (603) 862-4323
- Leitzel Center for Mathematics, Science, and Engineering (603) 862-0718
- National Student Exchange (603) 862-3485
- Office of First Year Programs (603) 862-3488
- Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) (603) 862-1288
- Registrar’s Office (603) 862-1500
- Robert J. Connors Writing Center (603) 862-3272
- University Advising and Career Center (603) 862-2064
- University Honors Program (603) 862-3928
- January Term www.unh.edu/januaryterm/
- About Us
- Family Weekend
- Scholarship Program
- Grant Program
- Parents Resource Guide
- Off the Beaten Path - Central UNH Campus Tour Guide
- Off the Beaten Path - Extended UNH Campus Tour Guide
- Off the Beaten Path - Regional Tour Guide
- Student Links
- Community Links
- Academics / Administration
- Study Abroad
- Memorial Union Building Resources
- Parents Portal
- Financial Aid
- Business Office
- Counseling Center
- Health Services
- UNH Police / Roam Secure sign up
- Make a Gift