June Transfer Orientation

T-HallYour transition to the University of New Hampshire begins with your required academic advising meeting where you select your fall classes.

See below for details about your college/school advising orientation.

The June transfer advising orientation does not include a program for parents. 

When you come for advising, you may also obtain a UNH photo ID and IT ID (e-mail address and internet access); learn about UNH’s meal plans; and visit UNH’s Commuter Services Office in Room 122, Memorial Union.

Students with a disability, which may affect participation, and in need of accommodations, should contact UNH's Disability Services for Students (603-862-2607)

Transfer Orientations

Preparing For Your Transfer Advising Meeting

Follow these simple steps to prepare for your meeting:

Review the Requirements

Transferring Credits

  • If you are transferring credits to UNH, review your UNH Admissions credit evaluation form.
  • It will indicate which courses, if any, you have completed that meet University (check your catalog of entry) and Writing requirements, as well as the total credits from your previous college that you may apply to your UNH degree.
  • Paul College students note: Make sure you have the syllabi for any previously taken business-related courses.

Review University Degree Requirements

Review Courses

  • In mid-May, check the list of fall courses 
  • Review course descriptions

Select Courses and Alternates

  • Select courses and several alternatives
  • UNH baccalaureate students typically take four courses (16 credits)
  • Thompson School students take four or more courses (16 credits)
  • Not all courses may be open to you, but you will have an opportunity to take those courses in following semesters

Attend Transfer Advising Session

  • Attend your college/school transfer advising session
  • You must register online to attend

Sign up for June Transfer Orientation