June First-Year Orientation Leader (OL)
Application - available January 1
The UNH Orientation Program assists incoming first year students and their families with their transition to the University. Serving as a June Orientation Leader (OL) is an opportunity support that transition while developing leadership skills and having fun, too. Orientation leaders on hiring must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at UNH. Applicants must have been first year students at UNH and be in good academic (2.5 cum. GPA, preferred) and social (no conduct serious sanctions and/or arrests) standing.
- Being responsible for a floor of, on average, 30 new first year students during each session
- Sharing the University’s academic and social expectations
- Knowing University resources, important to new students and their families
- Reaching out to first years and their parents and helping them anticipate the changes ahead
- Planning presentations and speaking to groups of first year students and their families
- Performing specific tasks such as giving directions, making signs and posters, conducting campus tours, running errands, greeting people, staffing check-in, etc
- Assisting students with academic advising and registration
- Working to improve the program throughout the month
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions:
-First Meeting: TBA
-Staff Retreat: Dinner on April 4 and retreat April 5
- Staff Training Week: May 26–30, including Memorial Day
- Participate in the program on a fulltime basis from Sunday, May 25 (staff move-in) until Friday, June 20 (staff move-out). During this period, you may not hold another job nor attend summer school.
- While living on campus for June Orientation, you are subject to all University's rules. In addition, use and/or possession of alcohol or any prohibited drug in the residence hall and at anytime time during orientation sessions will result in immediate dismissal and forfeiture of pay.
- Salary for this position is $800 plus free room and board from May 26 until June 21.
- 2014 Applications open January 1
- First Year Students
- Transfer Students
- Pre-Orientation Programs
- Orientation Leaders
- Campus & Area Resources