June First-Year Orientation Leader (OL)
OL Job Description - Apply beginning January 1, 2015
Serving as a June Orientation Leader (OL) is an opportunity support the transition of new students to UNH while developing leadership skills and having fun, too. Orientation leaders must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at UNH. Applicants must have been first year students at UNH and be in good academic (2.5 cum. GPA, preferred) and social (no conduct serious sanctions and/or arrests) standing.
- Being responsible for a floor of, on average, 30 new first year students during each session.
- Sharing the University’s academic and social expectations.
- Knowing University resources, important to new students and their families.
- Reaching out to first years and their parents and helping them anticipate the changes ahead.
- Planning presentations and speaking to groups of first year students and their families.
- Performing specific tasks such as giving directions, making signs and posters, conducting campus tours, running errands, greeting people, staffing check-in, etc.
- Assisting students with academic advising and registration.
- Working to improve the program throughout the month.
Attend all staff meetings and training sessions:
- First Meeting: tba
- Staff Retreat Dinner: tba
- Staff Retreat: tba
- Staff Training Week: tba including Memorial Day
- Participate in the program on a fulltime basis from tba (staff move-in) until tba (staff move-out). During this period, you may not hold another job nor attend summer school.
- While living on campus for June Orientation, you are subject to all University's rules. In addition, use and/or possession of alcohol or any prohibited drug in the residence hall and at anytime time during orientation sessions will result in immediate dismissal and forfeiture of pay.
Salary for this position is $800 plus campus housing and meals from tba
OL Accept Form
- First Year Students
- Transfer Students
- Pre-Orientation Programs
- Orientation Leaders
- Campus & Area Resources