For Responsibility Hearings
- Get in touch with your student advisor the day you receive their contact information and schedule a meeting with them.
- Review your incident report and each of the applied charges.
- You will need to be prepared to present evidence that would indicate that you are not responsible for each charge you did not accept responsibility for to the hearing officer. It is helpful to write this information down to have available during the hearing. It is also helpful to write a general statement as to your involvement in the incident.
- Prepare questions you want to ask the complainant about the incident report and what they are presenting.
- Be prepared to recommend sanctions to the hearing officer in case you are found responsible for any of the charges.
For Sanction Hearings
- Get in touch with your student advisor the day you receive their contact information and set up a meeting.
- Prepare a statement outlining the sanctions you would like to recommend as well as why you think they are most appropriate.
- Prepare a list of possible questions for the complainant on the sanctions they are likely recommending.
Who should I contact if I have further questions?
If you have been assigned a student advisor, get in touch with that person as soon as possible. If you have further questions you can contact the Office of Community Standards at 862-3377.