Courses, Grades, and Credits

National Student Exchange logoUWyoming

All courses taken while on exchange are pre-approved prior to leaving UNH. The UNH NSE Course Approval Form denotes how many credits will be accepted and the specific requirement each course satisfies. The following UNH policies apply to all exchange students:

Grades of "C" or better will be accepted in transfer from NSE and NHCUC member exchange institutions.  “C-“ or "D" will not transfer. Students exchanging to campuses on the Quarter or Trimester system must fully understand the implications of transferring courses from Quarter to Semester school to UNH. Exchange is only approved when the student can exchange for two or more quarters, and courses MUST be at least 4 credits each.

For a full explanation of all UNH transfer credit policies, please refer to the UNH National & State Exchange Policy Booklet and the UNH Registrar's Office website.

Plan on satisfying the University Writing Requirement (UWR) while at UNH.  Given the difficulty of documenting Writing Intensive (WI) methods at other campuses, it is advised that students take WI courses at UNH before or after your exchange, to ensure that you meet graduation requirements.

Student with glacierSome UNH majors require that major courses taken on exchange be only from campuses that have certain accreditations. Please check with your academic advisor or major department for accreditation requirements or recommendations. Here are a few examples:

Registration in EXCH 595 maintains UNH full-time student status for financial aid, registration after exchange, and on-campus housing eligibility upon return.

*You are viewing pages printed from
These pages appear differently when viewed online.

If you are the owner of this site and you would like to print the page as it appears online, please refer to the file "QuickStart.html" for instructions.