Our mission is to attract multicultural students on the UNH campus, not only black students, and empower them to attain excellence academically, professionally, and be a positive impact in their community. Although it specifically mentions engineers, collegiate membership is open to all majors with emphasis on science, technology, engineering, and math majors.
Some of the major benefits of becoming a NSBE member include:
- Access to 20+ companies at regional conferences and over 300 at the National Convention career fair.
- Academic support is provided via tutoring and academic achievement programs.
- Free KAPLAN test preparation available at conferences. ( up to a $1,400 value)
- Leadership Development. As a member, you will receive exceptional training at regional conferences, the National Convention, and through your local chapter. You also have the opportunity to serve on a Regional and/or National Executive Board.
- Post your resume free of charge to top engineering companies with NSBE Online (NOL). On NOL you will have the opportunity to search for internships, co-ops, and full-time job opportunities.
- Apply for various scholarships and grants. Scholarships are awarded every year to deserving undergraduate students, many of which do not even require a GPA.
- Meet thousands of other students and technical professionals in your field of study.
- Compete in a vast number of programs that help prepare you for graduate school and your future career.
- Give back to the community through NSBE’s T.O.R.C.H. and mentor programs.
- Receive a subscription to NSBE Magazine. Each issue offers the latest industry news and articles tailored to individual areas of engineering. (a $20 value).
- NSBE members receive discounts to the National Convention and Regional conferences – the largest student planned conferences in the world. Technical training and unparalleled networking opportunities are available at these conferences as you meet people from all over the world.
Additional Benefits can be found here: http://www.nsbe.org/Membership/Membership-Benefits-(1).aspx
To Join NSBE please use the link: https://nsbe.networkats.com/members_online/members/newmember_quick.asp?action=start
Join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/nsbeunh.chapter?fref=ts
Wildcat link group: http://wildcatlink.unh.edu/organization/nsbe