Previous Awards and Activities:
- NASA NH Space Grant Fellowship, 2010-2011
- 2nd Prize National NSF EPSCoR Student Poster Competition, October 2011
- Alexander Goetz Instrument Support Fellowship Recipient, 2012
- Weisnet Medal for Best Overall Student Paper, 69th Annual Eastern Snow Conference, June 2012
- NRESS First Year Fellowship 2009-2010
- UNH TA Achievement Award 2007
Selected Presentations and Publications:
- Burakowski, EA, CP Wake, JE Dibb, M Stampone. 2012. Putting the Capital ‘A’ in CoCoRAHS: An Experimental
Program to Measure Albedo using the Community Collaborative Rain Hail and Snow (CoCoRaHS) Network. Hydrological Processes Special Issue: 69th Annual Eastern Snow Conference (in review).
- Wake, C.P., E. Burakowski, K. Hayhoe, C. Watson, E. Douglas, J. VanDorn, V. Naik, and C. Keating, 2009, Climate Change in the Casco Bay Watershed: Past, Present, and Future, Casco Bay Estuary Partnership Report, University of Southern Maine, Portland, October 2009.
- Burakowski, E., and C. Wake, 2009, The Changing Character of Winter Climate in the Northeast United States. Clean Air –Cool Planet Report, March 2009.
- Burakowski, E., C. Wake, B. Braswell, and D. P. Brown, 2008, Trends In Wintertime Climate In The Northeastern United States: 1965-2005. Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres. doi:10.1029/2008JD009870
- Burakowski, E. and C. Wake, (2007), Wintertime Climate Trends in the Northeastern United States. Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs, vol. 39(1).
- Wake, C.P., E. Burakowski, G. Lines, K. McKenzie, and T. Huntington, (2006), Cross Border Indicators of Climate Change over the Past Century: Northeastern United States and Canadian Maritime Region. The Climate Change Task Force of the Gulf of Maine Council on the Marine Environment in cooperation with Environment Canada and Clean Air-Cool Planet.
- Wake, C.P., E. Burakowski, and L. Goss, (2006), Winter Recreation and Climate Variability in New Hampshire: 1984-2006. Carbon Coalition & Clean Air – Cool Planet Report. October, 2006.
- In progress Ph.D., Natural Resources and Earth System Science, Dept. of Earth Sciences, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH
- 2007 M.S., Earth Science-Geochemical Systems, Dept. of Earth Sciences, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH
- 2003 B.A., Dept. of Geology, Wellesley College, Wellesley, MA
- 2007-present Research Assistant, Department of Earth Sciences,University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH
- 2003-present Assistant Scientist, Sea Education Association, Woods Hole, MA