- Must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field.
- Must be interested in teaching secondary or middle school mathematics, physics, chemistry, life science, or earth science
Application and Selection Process
- Apply to a UNH Graduate Program in Teacher Certification in the Education Department (Master of Education or Master of Arts in Teaching) – (see Graduate School for general graduate school application) – you must be accepted into one of the graduate programs in education.
- Apply to the UNH Noyce Scholarship Program (download Noyce Scholarship Application)
For Spring 2017 the deadline is May 1st. In future years, the deadlines are November 1 and March 1
- Noyce Applicant Review Criteria:
- Grade point average, especially grades in STEM major and education courses.
- Well written personal statement that displays passion for STEM discipline and teaching, a disposition to care for students, willingness to take initiative, and understanding of the characteristics of a good teacher.
- Letters of recommendation depict STEM ability, responsibility, reliability, leadership, previous success when working with children or youth, good communication skills, intellectual curiosity, and willingness to use criticism to improve.
- Successful experience working with children or youth as demonstrated in Education 500 "Exploring Teaching" or an equivalent experience. Also success in working with teaching colleagues.
- Financial need and/or underrepresented status of the applicant in STEM education.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org