Marko Knezevic, Assistant Professor
Marko Knezevic, Assistant Professor
Prof. Knezevic joined the faculty of the Mechanical Engineering Department in spring semester 2013. Prior to joining the department, he worked at Scientific Forming Technologies Corporation in Columbus, OH from 2009 to 2011 as a principal research scientist for development of the commercial finite-element software DEFORM used for analysis of manufacturing processes. After industrial experience, he was with the Materials Science and Technology Division at Los Alamos National Laboratory in Los Alamos, NM from 2011 to 2013 as the LANL Seaborg Institute Postdoctoral Fellow. He received the Defense Programs Award of Excellence for his research work at LANL on deformation physics based uranium component modeling.
Prof. Knezevic’s research is focused on understanding of materials behavior under complex loading using a combination of computational methods and experiments, development of constitutive material models, design and manufacturing at component levels, materials design at microstructural length scales, as well as the development of high-performance computational applications integrating multi-scale material models for predicting materials behavior.
Prof. Knezevic teaches ME 643 - Machine Design, ME 922 – Continuum Mechanics, and ME 995 - Computational Mechanics of Materials.
For more information please see Professor Knezevic's CV.
- Physics-Based Multi-Scale Constitutive Models, Crystal Plasticity
- Computational Mechanics, Finite Elements Analysis
- Computational Methods for Microstructure-Property-Processing Linkages
- Design and Manufacturing Processes
- Mechanical Testing, Thermo-Mechanical Processing
- Scanning Electron Microscopy, Orientation Imaging Microscopy
- M. Knezevic, M. Jahedi, Y. P. Korkolis, I. J. Beyerlein, “Material-based design of the extrusion of bimetallic tubes,” Computational Materials Science, 95 (2014) 63-73.
- M. Knezevic, I. J. Beyerlein, M. L. Lovato, C. N. Tomé, A. W. Richards, R. J. McCabe, “A strain-rate and temperature dependent constitutive model for BCC metals incorporating non-Schmid effects: Application to tantalum–tungsten alloys,” International Journal of Plasticity, 62 (2014) 93-104.
- M. Jahedi, M. Hossein Paydar, S. Zheng, I. J. Beyerlein, M. Knezevic, “Texture evolution and enhanced grain refinement under high-pressure-double-torsion,” Materials Science and Engineering: A, 611 (2014) 29-36.
- M. Knezevic, B. Drach, M. Ardeljan, I. J. Beyerlein, “Three dimensional predictions of grain scale plasticity and grain boundaries using crystal plasticity finite element models,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 277 (2014) 239-259.
- M. Knezevic, T. Nizolek, M. Ardeljan, I. J. Beyerlein, N. A. Mara, T. M. Pollock, “Texture evolution in two-phase Zr/Nb lamellar composites during accumulative roll bonding,” International Journal of Plasticity, 57 (2014) 16-28.
- M. Ardeljan, I. J. Beyerlein, M. Knezevic, “A dislocation density based crystal plasticity finite element model: Application to a two-phase polycrystalline HCP/BCC composites,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 66 (2014) 16-31.
- B. Mihaila, M. Knezevic, A. Cardenas, “Three orders of magnitude improved efficiency with high-performance spectral crystal plasticity on GPU platforms,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 97 (2014) 785–798.
- M. Knezevic, J. S. Carpenter, M. L. Lovato, and R. J. McCabe, “Deformation behavior of the cobalt-based superalloy Haynes 25: Experimental characterization and crystal plasticity modeling,” Acta Materialia, 63 (2014) 162-168.
- M. Knezevic, D. J. Savage, “A high-performance computational framework for fast crystal plasticity simulations,” Computational Materials Science, 83 (2014) 101-106.
- M. Knezevic, R. J. McCabe, R. A. Lebensohn, C. N. Tomé, C. Liu, M. L. Lovato, and B. Mihaila, “Integration of self-consistent polycrystal plasticity with hardening law based on dislocation densities in finite-elements: application to low-symmetry metals,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 61 (2013) 2034–2046.
- M. Knezevic, I. J. Beyerlein, T. Nizolek, N. A. Mara, and T. M. Pollock, “Anomalous basal slip activity in zirconium under high-strain deformation,” Materials Research Letters, 1 (2013) 133–140.
- M. Knezevic, I. J. Beyerlein, D. W. Brown, T. A. Sisneros, and C. N. Tomé, “A polycrystal plasticity model for predicting mechanical response and texture evolution during strain-path changes: application to beryllium,” International Journal of Plasticity, 49 (2013) 185-198.
- M. Knezevic, R. J. McCabe, C. N. Tomé, R. A. Lebensohn, S. R. Chen, C.M. Cady, G. T. Gray III, and B. Mihaila, “Modeling mechanical response and texture evolution of α-uranium as a function of strain rate and temperature using polycrystal plasticity,” International Journal of Plasticity, 43 (2013) 70-84.
M. Knezevic, R.A. Lebensohn, O. Cazacu, B. Revil-Baudard, G. Proust, S. Vogel and M.E Nixon, “Modeling bending of α-titanium with embedded polycrystal plasticity in implicit finite elements,” Materials Science and Engineering A, 564 (2013) 116-126.
2012 and earlier
- M. Knezevic, L. Capolungo, C. N. Tomé, R. A. Lebensohn, D. J. Alexander, B. Mihaila and R. J. McCabe, “Anisotropic stress-strain response and microstructure evolution of textured α-uranium,” Acta Materialia, 60 (2012) 702-715.
- M. Knezevic, B.K Chun, J.Y. Oh, W.T. Wu, R.A III Ress, M. Glavicic, and S. Srivasta, “Modeling machining distortion using the finite element method: Application to engine disk,” Transactions of the North American Manufacturing Research Institute of SME, 40 (2012) 40- 47.
- M. Knezevic, A. Levinson, R. Harris, R. K. Mishra, R. D. Doherty and S. R. Kalidindi, “Deformation twinning in AZ31: Influence on strain hardening and texture evolution,” Acta Materialia, 58 (2010) 6230-6242.
- H. F. Al-Harbi, M. Knezevic and S. R. Kalidindi, “Spectral approaches for the fast computation of yield surfaces and first-order plastic property closures for polycrystalline materials with cubic-triclinic textures,” Computers, Materials & Continua, 15 (2010) 153-172.
- J. Shaffer, M. Knezevic and S. R. Kalidindi, “Building texture evolution networks for deformation processing of polycrystalline FCC metals using spectral approaches: Applications to process design for targeted performance,” International Journal of Plasticity, 26 (2010) 1183-1194.
- S. R. Kalidindi, M. Knezevic, S. Niezgoda and J. Shaffer, “Representation of orientation distribution function and computation of first-order elastic bounds using fast Fourier transforms,” Acta Materialia, 57 (2009) 3916-3923.
- B. S. Fromm, B. L. Adams, S. Ahmadi and M. Knezevic, “Grain size and orientation distributions: Application to yielding of α-titanium,” Acta Materialia, 57 (2009) 2339-2348.
- M. Knezevic, S. R. Kalidindi and H. F. Al-Harbi, “Crystal plasticity simulations using discrete Fourier transforms,” Acta Materialia, 57 (2009) 1777-1784.
- M. Knezevic, S. R. Kalidindi and D. T. Fullwood, “Computationally efficient database and spectral interpolation for fully plastic Taylor-type crystal plasticity calculations of face-centered cubic polycrystals,” International Journal of Plasticity, 24 (2008) 1264-1276.
- M. Knezevic, S. R. Kalidindi and R. K. Mishra, “Delineation of first-order closures for plastic properties requiring explicit consideration of strain hardening and crystallographic texture evolution,” International Journal of Plasticity, 24 (2008) 327-342.
- T. Fast, M. Knezevic and S. R. Kalidindi, “Application of microstructure sensitive design to structural components produced from hexagonal polycrystalline metals,” Computational Materials Science, 43 (2008) 374-383.
- H. K. Duvvuru, M. Knezevic, R. K. Mishra and S. R. Kalidindi, “Application of microstructure sensitive design to FCC polycrystals,” Materials Science Forum, 546 (2007) 675-680.
- M. Knezevic and S. R. Kalidindi, “Fast computation of first-order elastic-plastic closures for polycrystalline cubic-orthorhombic microstructures,” Computational Materials Science, 39 (2007) 643-648.
- X. Wu, G. Proust, M. Knezevic and S. R. Kalidindi, “Elastic–plastic property closures for hexagonal close-packed polycrystalline metals using first-order bounding theories,” Acta Materialia, 55 (2007) 2729-2737.
- S. R. Kalidindi, H. K. Duvvuru and M. Knezevic, “Spectral calibration of crystal plasticity models,” Acta Materialia, 54 (2006) 1795-1804.
- C. S. Hartley, P. R. Dawson, D. E. Boyce, S. R. Kalidindi, M. Knezevic, C. N. Tomé, R. A. Lebensohn, S. L. Semiatin, T. J. Turner, and A. A. Salem, “A Comparison of Deformation Textures and Mechanical Properties Predicted by Different Crystal Plasticity Codes,” Materials Processing and Texture, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., ISBN: 9780470444191, ISBN-13: 9780470408346 (2008) 701-712.
- B. S. Fromm, B. L. Adams, S. Ahmadi, and M. Knezevic, “Grain size and orientation distribution function of high purity α-titanium,” Materials Processing and Texture, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., ISBN: 9780470444191, ISBN-13: 9780470408346 (2008) 509-519.
- About Us
- Undergraduate Programs
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S.
- Ocean Engineering, B.S.
- Student Resources
- Study Abroad
- Student Handbook
- Class Projects
- Graduate Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Visit Us