- Ph.D., Materials Science, Northwestern University, 1981
- B.S., Metallurgy and Materials Science, Carnegie-Mellon University, 1975
Prof. Gross teaches ME 561 - Introduction to Materials Science, ME 730/MS 830- Mechanical Behavior of Materials, ME 731/MS 831 - Fracture and Fatigue of Engineering Materials and ME 744/OE 844 - Corrosion. He also advises senior design projects.
- Mechanical behavior of materials
- Nanoscale deformation
- Solid state atmospheric sensors
- Scanning probe microscopy methods and nanoindentation methods
- Wireless machining force sensors
- "Detection of nanoscale etch and ash damage to nanoporous methyl silsesquioxane using electrostatic force microscopy", T.S. Gross, S. Yao, S. Satyanarayana, Microelectronics Engineering, vol. 58, p.401-407, (2008)
- "Finite element modeling of diffusional creep with explicit consideration of enhanced vacancy diffusivity in a finite region adjacent to the grain interface", I. Tsukrov, V.M. Grychanyuk, T.S. Gross, Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures, (2007)
- "Nanoscale observation of dielectric damage to low k MSQ interconnects from reactive ion etching and ash treatment", T.S Gross, S. Yao, S. Satyanarayana Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings, v 863, Materials, Technology and Reliability of Advanced Interconnects - 2005 Symposium, 2005, p 165-169 (2005)
- Numerical modeling of grain boundary effects in the diffusional creep of Cu interconnect lines Grychanyuk V., Tsukrov I., Gross T.S.. International Journal of Fracture 127, L149-L154. (2004).
- Detection of Plasma-induced, Nanoscale Dielectric Constant Variations in Carbon-doped CVD oxides by Electrostatic Force Microscopy, T. S. Gross, K.G. Soucy, E. Andideh, and K.A. Chamberlin, Journal of Physics D, Applied Physics, vol. 35, pp. 723-728, (2002)
- SPM-generated out-of-plane deformation maps exhibiting heterogeneous nanoscale deformation resulting from thermal cycling of Cu-polyimide damascene interconnects T. S. Gross, N. Kamsah, and I. I. Tsukrov, Journal of Materials Research, vol. 16, pp. 3560-3566, (2001)
- About Us
- Graduate Studies