- Ph.D. Chemistry, 2005, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- M.S. Chemistry, 2000, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- B.S. Chemical Education, 1997, Hubei Normal University, China
Gonghu Li is an experimental physical chemist working on surface chemistry and catalysis/photocatalysis for solar energy conversion. His graduate training focused on surface chemistry and catalytic applications of nanomaterials. In 2005, He joined the Center for Catalysis and Surface Science at Northwestern University for postdoctoral training. In 2007, he moved to the east coast and worked as a Postdoctoral Associate in the Department of Chemistry at Yale University prior to joining the University of New Hampshire. He also holds a joint appointment in the Chemistry Department here at UNH.
Professor Li has taught courses including Physical Chemistry I, Physical Chemistry Laboratory I, Physical Chemistry Laboratory II, and Graduate Seminar. He also developed and taught a new graduate course called Surface Chemistry and Catalysis.
Research in the Li Group is highly interdisciplinary, encompassing surface chemistry, catalysis/photocatalysis, CO2 utilization, and artificial photosynthesis.
List of research interests:
(1) Synthesis, surface functionalization and characterization of nanoporous materials
(2) Surface immobilization of molecular catalysts for solar energy conversion
(3) Photochemical, electrochemical, and microbial CO2-to-fuel conversion.
- Agarwal, J.; Johnson, R.P.; Li, G. “Reduction of CO2 on a Tricarbonyl Rhenium(I) Complex: Modeling a Catalytic Cycle,” J. Phys. Chem. A 2011, 115, 2877-2881
- He, H.; Liu, C.; Dubois, K.D.; Jin, T.; Louis, M.E.; Li, G. “Enhanced Charge Separation in Nanostructured TiO2 Materials for Photocatalytic and Photovoltaic Applications,” Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2012, 51, 11841-11849
- Liu, C.; Dubois, K.D.; Louis, M.E.; Vorushilov, A.; Li, G. “Photocatalytic CO2 Reduction and Surface Immobilization of a Tricarbonyl Re(I) Complex Modified with Amide Groups,” ACS Catal. 2013, 3, 655-662
- Jin, T.; Liu, C.; Li, G. “Photocatalytic CO2 Reduction Using a Molecular Cobalt Complex Deposited on TiO2 Nanoparticles,” Chem. Commun. 2014, 50, 6221-6224
- He, H.; Liu, C.; Louis, M.E.; Li, G. “Infrared Studies of a Hybrid CO2-Reduction Photocatalyst Consisting of a Molecular Re(I) Complex Grafted on Kaolin,” J. Mol. Catal. A 2014, 395, 145-150
- About Us
- Graduate Studies