- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Northwestern University, 2001
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Northwestern University, 1998
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering (Magna Cum Laude), University of Michigan, 1992
Brad Kinsey worked in the automotive industry for three years after his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Michigan in 1992. He then completed his graduate research receiving Master’s and Doctoral degrees from Northwestern University in 1998 and 2001 respectively. His awards include a being named a Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, a CAREER Award from US National Science Foundation, the Ralph R. Teetor Award from the Society of Automotive Engineers, and the UNH Assistant Professor of the Year Award.
Brad Kinsey teaches courses in Design and Manufacturing including ME 441 - Introduction to Engineering Design and Solid Modeling, ME 755/756 Senior Design Projects, ME 777/877 Computer-Aided Engineering, ME 785/885 Solid Mechanics in Manufacturing, and ME 927 Plasticity.
- Electrically-Assisted Forming
- Stress based Failure Criterion Evaluation
- Electromagnetic Forming and Magnetic Pulsed Welding
- Lijie Wang, Yannis Korkolis, and Brad L. Kinsey (2012) “Investigation of Strain Gradients and Magnitudes during Microbending”, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Vol. 134, 041011, pp. 1-9.
- Verena Psyk, Desiree Risch, Brad L. Kinsey, A. Erman Tekkaya, and Matthias Kleiner (2011) “Electromagnetic Forming – A Review”, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 211, No. 5, pp. 787-829.
- Michael S. Siopis, Brad L. Kinsey, Nithyanand Kota and O. Burak Ozdoganlar (2011) “Effect of Severe Prior Deformation on Electrical-Assisted Compression of Copper Specimens”, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Vol. 133, 064502, 1-5.
- Sunal Parasiz, Brad L. Kinsey, Numpon Mahayatsanun, and Jian Cao (2011) “Effect of Specimen Size and Grain Size on Deformation in Microextrusion”, Journal of Manufacturing Processes, Vol. 13, pp. 153-159.
- Raed Hasan, Igor Tsukrov, and Brad L. Kinsey (2011) “Effect of Element Type Parameters on Failure Prediction Using a Stress-Based Forming Limit Curve”, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Vol. 133, 061002, 1-8.
- Christine M. Dzialo, Michael S. Siopis, Klaus J. Weinmann, and Brad L. Kinsey (2010) “Effect of Current Density and Zinc Content during Electrical-Assisted Forming of Copper Alloys”, Annals of CIRP, Vol. 59, No. 1, pp. 299-302.
- About Us
- Graduate Studies