ATHLETIC EQUIPMENT MANAGER
Under general supervision of designated faculty or staff member, oversee operation of equipment room facilities, including outfitting all student athletes and coaches involved in intercollegiate athletics, maintaining and storing equipment, and supervising equipment room staff and equipment.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and schedule assigned equipment room staff.
- Schedule equipment room hours of operation to accommodate practices and games of athletic teams.
- Dispense and receive instructional, athletic, and recreational equipment.
- Fit and outfit students with athletic equipment and clothing as required.
- Purchase clothing and equipment for teams and coaches.
- Launder men’s and women’s athletic clothing as required.
- Purchase and maintain records of all equipment room supplies, perform periodic inventory of stock, and bill for lost inventory.
- Assign, maintain records, and make minor repairs on lockers.
- Prepare teams for travel and make arrangements for lockers and supplies for visiting teams as needed.
- Provide routine maintenance of athletic equipment, including repair, replacement, cleaning, oiling, and sewing; and for minor maintenance on laundry equipment.
- Travel with selected athletic teams as deemed appropriate.
- Maintain designated athletic department budget.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Associate's degree and three years of related experience or high school graduation and five years of experience working with athletic equipment, including supervisory responsibilities.
- Knowledge of all types of athletic equipment and its proper use.
- Supervisory ability.
This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity, and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.
*** NOTE: Revised - Original approved 12/15/77, 6/8/84, 6/5/86 and 3/5/98.***