ATHLETIC EQUIPMENT ASSISTANT
Function of Job:
Under general supervision of designated supervisor, to maintain, repair and issue athletic equipment/supplies and associated records.Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assign and maintain records of lockers for students and/or staff.
2. Receive and dispense locks, towels, uniforms, athletic equipment and supplies.
3. Maintain records of all equipment/supplies issued and returned.
4. Perform periodic inventories of stock on hand.
5. Repair minor damages to equipment and arrange for repair of more seriously damaged items with suppliers.
6. Perform routine maintenance on equipment, such as oiling leather or plastic gear.
7. Hand and/or machine sew clothing to repair minor damages.
8. Arrange for cleaning of equipment and laundering of clothing.
9. Make records and bill individuals responsible for lost or stolen items.
10. Fit students with athletic equipment such as uniforms, shoes, pads, helmets, etc.
11. Clean assigned area of work and related equipment.
12. Perform related duties, as assigned.Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
1. High school graduation.
2. Knowledge of sports equipment, including its maintenance and repair.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff and visitors.
4. Sewing skills.
5. Computer skills, if required‑by organizational unit to which assigned.
6. Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of this job, including heavy work.Additional Desirable Qualifications:
1. Athletic background.
2. Experience in related work.
3. Knowledge of athletic programs in higher education.
System Approval: 12/27/97
Effective Date: 12/27/97
This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity, and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.
*** NOTE: Revised - Original approved 7/10/75 and revised 2/14/95 as Athletic Equipment Room Attendant.***