Function of Job:
Under general direction of Registrar or other designated supervisor, organize and supervise daily operations concerned with registration, management of undergraduate and/or graduate student academic records, records system processing and retention, and related areas.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct daily operations of registration, including supervision of staff and training staff on student information systems and processes.
- Develop and maintain student academic records and files, academic data and courses, and information systems as assigned.
- Process and/or oversee grade reports, transcripts, transfer credit analysis, and related reports.
- Test changes in student information system; write documentation, reports, queries, and registration controls; effect curriculum changes; and review and correct data as needed.
- Advise students concerning academic, registration, and/or records problems; work with faculty and staff to resolve issues; verify student enrollments as requested.
- Update the academic catalogs, websites, and/or curriculum content and review for accuracy.
- Assist in the development and implementation of registration and related policies and procedures, such as classroom assignments, late registrations, study abroad program records and registrations, and enrollment statistics.
- Serve as institutional representative on committees/boards.
- Assist with the development of new courses and programs as assigned.
- Serve as liaison to Financial Aid and Bursar’s Office; develop and maintain contacts with other campus offices to obtain student data and transfer information.
- Work with faculty, students, and staff to ensure compliance with FERPA and college/university policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Perform audits of student records and determine status for the award of degrees and certifications.
- Assume special projects and coordinate events, such as organizing commencement, communicating with graduating students, and other arrangements as assigned.
- Assist with budget development and monitoring of expenses.
- Participate in institutional professional development and training.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in student information operation or related area.
- Computer skills as required by department.
- Training in FERPA.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Supervisory experience.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Master’s degree.
System Approval: 9/14/2010
Effective Date: 9/14/2010
This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity, and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.