Under general supervision of the Staff Architect, to develop/coordinate documents for functional programming, construction cost estimating, design and construction, and to provide design management for a variety of renovations and new construction projects.
- Confer with campus users, as assigned, to identify requirements and develop statements of program.
- Prepare preliminary plans/cost estimates based on programmatic requirements.
- Prepare detailed design/construction documents.
- Provide project management for selected assigned projects from preliminary planning through construction administration.
- Assist in the review of design/construction documents prepared by others.
- Select furnishings/finishes for a wide range of applications.
- Provide support to Staff Architect and other administrators on special projects.
- Maintain and update campus handicapped accessibility plan, existing conditions maps and construction standards.
- Maintain library of manufacturers' information, samples, and manuals.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field and 5 years of related experience in planning, design and construction administration.
- Experience in coordinating the design process.
- Familiarity with building/life safety codes and handicapped accessibility requirements.
- CADD production experience, preferably AUTOCAD.
- Proficient architectural drafting/drawing ability.
- Good communications skills, both written and oral.
System Approval: 3/16/94
Effective Date: 3/16/94
This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity, and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.
*** NOTE: Revised - original approved 5/23/86, as "Design Associate".***