ASSISTANT TO THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR STUDENT AND ACADEMIC SERVICES
Under general direction of the Vice President for Student and Academic Services, provide management support by maintaining contact with constituencies both within and outside the college/university for project completion, problem resolution and facilitation of communication; manage all related administrative details.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve problems of a general nature coming to the office, working with students, parents, and others for resolution/referral.
- Provide management for Division personnel actions and act as liaison with Human Resources.
- Assure concurrence with Division and USNH policies/practices and advise Directors and staff members on same.
- Arrange special Vice President’s meetings with responsibility for minutes and follow-up on action items, as requested.
- Coordinate various campus meetings and conferences sponsored by Division of Student and Academic Services, including all related arrangements.
- Keep Vice President fully informed about pending issues and concerns, significant/noteworthy activities, or events.
- Research and complete special projects, as assigned.
- Supervise office support staff members, as assigned.
- Responsible for various aspects of Student and Academic Services Office publications and brochures, including writing, editing, serving as liaison with printing/media services, interviews and research, as well as coordination, review and approval of Division information to be submitted for publication.
- Independently respond to inquiries/concerns expressed by Directors and research alternative solutions to problems, as necessary.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of related experience in administrative work, including some management/supervisory responsibilities, project coordination and writing/editing.
- Good interpersonal and public relations skills
- Excellent organizational ability.
- Writing/editing skills
- Ability to manage multiple, diverse responsibilities.
- Experience in higher education
- Master’s degree in related area.
This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity, and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.
*** NOTE: Revised – original approved 6/28/95 as “Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs” ***