Function of Job:
Under direct supervision from assigned supervisor, create photographic images of events and people as assigned, assist on other photo shoots, organize, archive, and research archive for requested images, provide other photographic services such as scanning, image enhancements, and passport photos, and provide customer and administrative support for department.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform photographic assignments and assist on other photo assignments.
- Download and process digital images from assignments; create web galleries and images for print and web publication.
- Organize digital image files, place on shared server, and maintain digital image archive; research digital images, provide galleries, and make image recommendations to clients.
- Provide customer service, via telephone, email and walk-in customers, by answering questions, researching photo inventory for requested images, fulfilling customer requests.
- Maintain records related to photo invoices.
- Provide photographic services such as taking passport photos, scanning negatives and prints.
- Assist with office operations including invoice reconciliation, maintaining department calendar, scheduling photo shoots, shipping orders, updating and maintaining office forms.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Supervise hourly/student assistants as assigned.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- High school graduation and four years of related experience or Associate’s degree and two years, or combination of higher education and experience equal to four years.
- Organizational and customer service skills.
- Computer skills as required by department.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and the general public.
- Completion of photography courses.
- Specialized software skills as identified by department.
System Approval: 10/7/2008
Effective Date: 7/1/2008
This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity, and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.