Function of Job:
Under general supervision of designated supervisor, assist manager with campus mail service operations, including staff supervision; coordinate departmental computer operations; establish and maintain production schedules for special mailings and for mail distribution; provide customer service for variable data mailings and printing for campus departments; and maintain records as needed.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the supervision, training and evaluation of assigned staff.
- Coordinate network and computer operations for department, including operating special postal software; provide installation, upgrades, training and troubleshooting for departmental software and hardware; and serve as liaison with computer services.
- Consult with departments to plan and schedule standard and variable data mailings and variable data printing.
- Establish and maintain production schedules for mail list and bulk mail production and for campus and other mail delivery services.
- Oversee departmental billing, including charge-backs for first class, bulk mail, and express delivery service.
- Order postage as needed for postage meters and trust accounts and insure local post office has postage to cover campus bulk mailings.
- Act for the Manager in his/her absence.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree and two years of related experience including bookkeeping, large volume mail production and some supervision or equivalent combination of education and experience totaling four years.
- To the extent required by department, keyboarding and computer application skills such as spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail, browser software, data entry/retrieval/management and knowledge of software applications, etc.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Supervisory skills as required by department.
- Organizational, customer services, analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and the general public.
- Working knowledge of U.S. Postal Service including rates, regulations and schedules.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Managerial ability.
- One year of supervisory experience.
System Approval: 8/3/2001
Effective Date: 3/12/2001
This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity, and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.
*** NOTE: Revised – original approved 4/19/88 as Mail Coordinator/Assistant Mail Manger Mail Service ***