Function of Job:
Under direction of assigned administrator, assist with financial management, budgeting, and planning for assigned business center departments/campus divisions as well as assist with the oversight of the business center staff and operations.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, monitor, adjust and balance assigned budgets and ensure appropriate accounting controls are in place and practiced for both revenues and expenses, including monitoring funding sources and expenses against their funding sources; prepare budget/actual comparisons and analyze and substantiate significant variances, and provide oversight of current year budgets and positions as needed.
- Assist with long-range budget plans, and develop, maintain, and coordinate use of expense budgeting and forecasting tools as required.
- Resolve problems and questions from various financial/business offices on campus.
- Coordinate, review, prepare and/or delegate processing of difficult, detailed financial transactions in the financial information system; perform financial analysis and reconciliations of complex financial structures.
- Prepare documentation necessary for management decisions, such as setting student fees, and assist in making presentations at budget meetings and to administrators and students as requested.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate staff; assign and review work, and oversee training and other professional development for staff.
- Generate periodic and ad hoc reports from web intelligence as needed; develop customized management reports to provide data for management decisions, auditors, and system financial offices; assist with the preparation of annual financial statements.
- Provide information for processing personnel transactions supported by the business center; review transactions, and make recommendations on personnel matters.
- Review and process contracts as assigned.
- Participate in institutional professional development and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting and five years related experience, including three years of supervisory experience.
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Computer skills and knowledge of financial information systems as required by department.
- Experience in a college/university business office.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting.
System Approval: 7/27/2009
Effective Date: 6/8/2008
This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity, and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.