Function of Job:
Under general supervision of faculty member(s) and/or other designated supervisor, to be responsible for supervision/maintenance of sculpture g woodworking facilities and equipment.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise use, maintenance and repair of sculpture studio equipment or woodworking equipment including band saws, table saws, drill presses, gas welding outfits, arc welding outfits, sheet metal equipment and a variety of hand tools.
- Instruct or assist faculty in instruction of students in the use of equipment.
- Supervise work study students, as assigned, in basic and advanced techniques.
- Provide aesthetic and technical guidance to students.
- Be familiar with and be capable of operating bronze foundry, including burnout kilns (if major field is sculpture).
- Assist college/university Art Galleries in design/construction of gallery installations (if major field is woodworking).
- Be responsible for day to day management of facility operating budget.
- Perform related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualification
- Bachelor's of Fine Arts degree in sculpture or Bachelor of Arts degree with a specialization in woodworking and/or furniture design or equivalent combination of education and experience (depending on assignment to sculpture or woodworking facility).
- Supervisory ability.
Additional Desirable Qualification
- Some teaching experience.
Effective Date: 8/11/94
*** NOTE: Revised - Original approved as "Sculpture Technician" on 11/1/76 and revised 9/18/78 under current title. ***