Function of Job:
Under direction of designated campus administrator and in conjunction with appropriate USNH officials, maintain the campus master plan, oversee capital and facility planning and the design of all campus construction.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the development of campus master plan; maintain, revise and implement the plan, including preparing sub-section plans and analysis as needed.
- Evaluate property acquisitions and dispositions, facility conditions, overall space needs, and campus strategic planning needs.
- Review campus facilities and grounds and identify capital improvement projects, sequences, and priorities over specified planning periods; prepare related reports and documentation.
- Provide feasibility studies, space planning, site alternative analyses, facility space programs, and preliminary design studies. Identify design services and criteria for selection of design consultants for individual construction projects, and coordinate the selection process in conjunction with key campus and system facilities/construction administrators.
- Determine design criteria for individual construction projects and review and approve architectural, interior, and landscape design for campus construction, in conjunction with campus and system facilities/construction administrator as assigned.
- Hire, train, evaluate and supervise staff.
- Coordinate efforts with campus constituents and administrators, university system administrators, governmental and local representatives as required.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field and ten years of experience in the management of planning, design and construction, or Master’s degree and eight years experience.
- Ability to obtain architectural registration in the State of New Hampshire.
- Supervisory experience.
- Broad understanding of campus planning, design, and construction processes and principles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience establishing effective working relationships with various constituencies, administrators, consultants, vendors, and federal/state representatives.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Planning experience in higher education.
- System Approval: 9/9/2002
- Effective Date: 8/12/2002
- This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity, and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.