Under general supervision of assigned supervisor, coordinate the operations of the staffing, maintenance, scheduling, and policies and procedures of indoor and outdoor pools as assigned.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate use, supervision, and maintenance of assigned pools, including monitoring all pool systems, maintaining records of water quality, maintaining pool equipment inventory and purchases.
- Develop and implement all compliance and safety policies, procedures, and recordkeeping.
- Schedule and coordinate all marketing efforts and all fundraising opportunities in the pool, including internal programs and rentals.
- Develop, implement, and oversee pool policies and procedures to ensure safe and fair use of facilities.
- Schedule all user groups and coordinate scheduling with sports and/or recreational teams using the pool.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate all lifeguard and swim/aquatic instructional staff and other staff as assigned.
- In conjunctions with other campus recreational professional staff, develop, organize, and oversee aquatic programs, classes, and/or clubs as assigned.
- Serve on aquatic-related committees and others as requested.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in recreational management or related field and three years of related experience in aquatics area, including 2 years of supervisory experience.
- CPO or APO certification (to work with mechanical, chemical and pool water systems) within six months of hire.
- Strong communication and supervisory skills.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- CPR/First Aid or CPR certification, instructor certification.
- Master’s degree in recreational management or related field.
- Lifeguard instructor certification.
- Water Safety instructor certification.
This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity, and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.