Function of Job:
Under general supervision of assigned administrator, manage administrative and office functions, supervise assigned office and/or maintenance staff and related operations for college/university apartment complex(es), including residing in a student apartment facility and providing oversight of residents.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Live in assigned apartment complex and be available for evening and weekend monitoring of student/resident’s behavior.
- Develop and present educational, cultural, social and recreational programs for various need populations, including students, parents, children, and faculty.
- Be responsible for daily maintenance, major repairs and renovations to apartment complex)es) including determining when an outside vendor is required.
- Hire, train, assign work and supervise and evaluate housing assistants, office staff, and/or maintenance staff as assigned.
- Prepare proposed budgets and/or expense reports for items such as labor, programming, maintenance, repair/renovations, furnishings and energy for manager’s approval and monitor charges against appropriate accounts monthly.
- Coordinate assigned functions with residential life office, billing office, maintenance, and other offices as needed.
- Serve as conference manager during the summer and develop marketing materials to encourage greater summer usage of facilities as assigned.
- As required, develop and annually update long-term repair and renovation program and projected costs for major systems as well as equipment and furnishings and maintain assigned inventories.
- Establish and implement policies and procedures responsive to residents’ needs and concerns for assigned apartment building(s).
- Intervene and counsel residents on behavioral and conduct issues, respond to violations of residential community standards and student behavioral regulations, and work with student judicial system as appropriate.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate preventive, routine, and emergency maintenance plan for apartment complexes.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and one year of residential experience.
- Supervisory ability to direct, train, supervise and assess the work of assigned staff.
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Computer skills as required by department.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Residential work experience in higher education.
Effective Date: 5/16/2006
*** NOTE: Revised – original approved 8/18/86 as Assistant Property Manager - Apartments ***