Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of teaching and research equipment, such as multimeters and oscilloscopes, in university laboratories.
- Assist in the writing of preventative maintenance procedures for above equipment.
- Assist in maintaining data and records of repairs and maintenance performed on teaching and research equipment.
- Supervision of hourly staff as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Three years of directly related experience or Associate’s Degree in appropriate field of engineering or physics and one year of experience.
- Familiarity with various test equipment. (e.g., multimeters, oscilloscopes, resistive thermal devices).
- Familiarity with hand and small power tools (e.g., screwdrivers, pliers, power drill, soldering iron).
- Familiarity with computers and various software applications. (i.e., Microsoft Office, Windows XP, Unix, LabView).
- Basic communication skills, both verbal and written.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
Experience in use of analytical or scientific instrumentation.
System Approval: 7/25/05
Effective Date: 7/25/05
This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.