Function of Job:
Under administrative review from a designated administrator to be responsible for planning, developing and directing policies and programs to foster and strengthen the relationship between the institution and its alumni.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- As an officer of the Alumni Association, organize and manage the Alumni Office as a department of the college/university, operating within established USNH policies.
- Plan, organize and attend functions and programs on behalf of the Alumni Association, including reunions, area meetings and fund drives.
- Recruit and direct alumni volunteers to assist in scheduling planning and carrying out alumni programs.
- Act as liaison between the Alumni Association, all alumni and the institution.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of pertinent alumni data files.
- Be responsible for mailings of related publications to alumni.
- Prepare, assist in or arrange for the preparation, editing, and printing of alumni publications, citations and awards.
- Provide clerical and advisory assistance to the Alumni Association and/or its committees.
- Maintain direct or indirect contacts with alumni to keep informed of current events requiring action (i.e., achievements deserving recognition, deaths, etc.).
- Perform budget responsibilities as assigned.
- Represent institution to outside alumni organizations as well as committees within the System.
- Supervise, evaluate and assign work to assigned staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and three years’ experience in a managerial position requiring administrative, budgeting, organizational and supervisory ability.
- Ability to recruit and work effectively with volunteers of varying ages.
- Promotional and fund-raising abilities.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Strong interest in the welfare of the institution and belief in the importance of the Alumni Office function.
- Familiarity with the organizational structure of the institution as it pertains to specific personnel.
- Experience gained in the institution being served.
- Graduation from the institution being served.
System Approval: 4/8/86
Effective Date: 4/8/86
This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity, and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.
*** NOTE: Revised - Original approved 6/21/76, revised 4/8/86. ***