AFFIRMATIVE ACTION OFFICER I
Under general supervision by appropriate designated official(s), to assist in the development of affirmative action programs, coordinate such programs, and provide services to the campus necessary to meet Affirmative Action, Equal Employment, and Equal Educational Opportunities commitments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the identification and solution of problems associated with the area of responsibility of the job.
- Assist in the development, I cooperation with the senior Affirmative Action Officer, of affirmative action programs and associated audit and reporting systems designed for the campus.
- Assure campus adherence to the Affirmative Action Programs.
- Be responsible, with appropriate campus officers, for data collection, and assist in compiling reports to federal and state agencies.
- Assist in planning and sponsoring educational efforts designed to inform faculty, staff, administrators and students regarding AA and EEO programs (such efforts to be aimed at fostering attitude change).
- Provide guidance and counseling to faculty, staff, and students in matters relating to complaints of discrimination, working with handicapped students, etc.
- Be responsible for coordinating special efforts in area(s) of Affirmative Action as assigned, such as services for disabled or handicapped students, staff or faculty.
- Coordinated, in accordance with AA program, efforts which will involve outside agencies such as Vocational Rehabilitation and Training Centers.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree Two years of related work experience, preferably within a college or university (at a professional/administrative level).
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
Counseling experience. Knowledge of AA/EEO programs.
This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity, and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.
*** NOTE: Revised – original approved 7/22/80 ***