ADMISSIONS & ADVISING SPECIALIST
Function of Job:
Under general direction of assigned supervisor, develop and implement recruitment and admissions plans designed to attract assigned target population or for a specialized academic program area; evaluate applications and advise students; coordinate programs such as assistantships and fellowships; design and coordinate outreach services and associated events.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, coordinate, and assess special events and projects related to recruitment and admissions programming designed to meeting goals for target admissions population.
- Review applications and evaluate for admission, including transfer credits if required.
- Provide initial program, admissions, academic, and career advising to prospective and newly admitted students in targeted population.
- Coordinate assistance programs, such as graduate assistantships, fellowship programs, veteran educational benefits, and facilitate evaluation process for these programs.
- Participate in the establishment and implementation of student recruitment strategies, resources, policies and procedures for assigned population.
- Oversee and coordinate the faculty request and selection and student application processes.
- Develop and implement outreach programs, such as open houses, information sessions, and orientations; make presentations at such programs, and enlist faculty, students, and/or alumni, as appropriate, in various recruitment programs.
- Create resource and promotional materials designed for targeted population and serve as its main resource.
- Monitor the quality of the program through research, evaluations, and discussions with students, faculty, staff, and other as needed.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate staff and/or volunteers as assigned.
- Provide analysis of statistical data and program reports as needed.
- Participate in institutional professional development and training.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Education, Management, or related area and two years of related experience.
- Experience in marketing, communications, public speaking, and/or event planning.
- Supervisory skills.
- Computer skills as required by department.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Supervisory experience.
System Approval: 9/12/2010
Effective Date: 9/12/2010
*** NOTE: Revised – original approved as Admissions Specialist 7/13/09. ***
This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity, and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.