Under general supervision of designated administrator, to perform duties relevant to the admission and counseling of students, resulting in the achievement of enrollment projections by the school/college/university.
- Interview and counsel prospective and currently enrolled students and/or their parents to explain pertinent admissions policies/procedures; assist with course selection and answer questions on academic programs and/or campus life; make referrals to other campuses; advise on credentials.
- Read, review, evaluate and process applications for admission, readmission or transfer, and rule on admittance within established guidelines.
- Visit secondary schools and attend professional meetings, conducting group information sessions to promote and explain the admissions program.
- Prepare and/or revise informational/promotional materials and forms related to admissions.
- Participate in the development of admissions policies/procedures.
- Recruit new students.
- Consult with faculty and administrative staff of schools or departments on their particular admissions requirements.
- Assist in the supervision of support staff and/or student admissions representatives, as assigned.
- Assist with graduation, registration and conferences.
- Perform special assignments and/or be responsible for special programs, as assigned.
- Locate and coordinate assignment of faculty advisors.
- Perform related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and one year of related experience in a counseling/advising position.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Familiarity with college, university or school admissions/graduation policies and/or student activities.
- Valid Driver's license.
This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity, and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.
*** NOTE: Revised - Original approved 7/29/16.***