Function of Job:
Under administrative supervision from a designated administrator, to be responsible for the development and administration of a specialized course program through application in a laboratory environment, and to supervise and evaluate tutorial staff as assigned.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach subject skills and study habits to students/clients.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate teaching/tutorial personnel and/or student assistant(s).
- Identify, recruit and interview prospective students/clients in need of specialized instruction and develop needs-assessment analyses as required.
- Provide academic counseling for students.
- Provide lecturing services, special programs, and workshops in field of specialization to groups both on and off-campus.
- Be responsible for scheduling lab utilization by students and faculty.
- Promote and publicize program by routing articles and publishing descriptive pamphlets.
- Budget and purchase equipment and supplies.
- Be responsible for initiating periodic evaluation by students of course content and reporting results to supervisor.
- Administer and evaluate standardized tests.
- Provide tutorial services including planning/conducting tutor workshops and writing tutoring manual and other staff handouts.
- Facilitate student referrals with other helping agencies.
- Maintain and compile necessary records and statistics.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Master’s degree.
- Knowledge from education or experience of materials, equipment, methods, and techniques in designated field of expertise.
- Communication and writing skills.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- One to three years’ teaching experience in courses related to field of specialization.
- General knowledge of management principles, primarily as related to budgeting.
- Further education in the field of specialization.
System Approval: 8/1/84
Effective Date: 8/1/84
This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity, and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.
*** NOTE: Revised - Original approved 6/8/76 as “Reading Lab Coordinator” and revised 4/29/80 as “Laboratory Coordinator.” ***