Tandem Reminder for employees and dependents
What is Tandem?
Tandem is your personal health care shopping service. Since the costs of outpatient medical tests and procedures often vary widely with no significant difference in quality, a Tandem nurse is here to help you save money. You can earn cash rewards when you call Tandem and choose lower-cost providers. If you are enrolled in your employer’s health plan, you and your enrolled dependents can call Tandem right now. There is no need to sign up and there is no cost to you.
How does Tandem work?
- Call toll free (866-797-4100) when your doctor recommends outpatient tests or procedures such as lab work, MRIs, CTs, ultrasounds, mammograms, bone density studies, colonoscopys and other non-emergency outpatient tests and procedures.
- A Tandem nurse will compare provider costs in your area. If you choose a lower-cost provider, the nurse can help reschedule your appointment.
- Go for your test or procedure at the lower-cost provider and you will receive a reward check in the mail after the claim is processed by your health plan.
What are the reward amounts?
If you call Tandem and are already using a low-cost provider (that is a provider which is at least $150 less than other providers in your area) you will receive a $20 reward.
If you call Tandem and switch to a lower-cost provider, the amount of your reward check will depend on how much you save. You will receive:
- $40 if you save between $150 and $249
- $75 if you save between $250 and $449
- $100 if you save between $450 and $649
- $150 if you save between $650 and $999
- $200 if you save $1,000 or more.
How do I contact a Tandem nurse?
Call toll free: 866-797-4100 or email INFO@TANDEMCARE.COM