Frequently Asked Questions
- I lost my W-2 form, what do I do?
- Do I need to submit a W-4 Form every year?
- I have more than one part-time job on campus. Do I need to submit a W-4 for each job?
- Who is required to have working papers?
- I have recently had a change in status (married, divorced *, widowed, birth). What happens to my benefits?
- I qualify for Family and Medical Leave. Do I receive full pay during my absence?
- I'm going on maternity leave. What do I need to do?
- I've been selected for Jury Duty. How is my pay affected?
- What is the EAP?
- What do I do if I want to contribute more than 6% of my salary to the 403(b) retirement program?
- I have questions about my retirement options. When will there be retirement vendor representatives on campus?
- In the winter, I hear on the radio that curtailed operations has been called and that only "essential personnel" need to report to work. How do I know if I am considered "essential personnel?"
- My department is preparing a PDQ (Position Description Questionnaire) to establish a job title for a new/existing position. What are the deadlines for submitting this form to Human Resources?
- When are annual performance assessments to be submitted to Human Resources?
- I have a situation in my workplace that has not been resolved informally to my satisfaction. Can I file a complaint or a grievance?
- How do I establish computer and e-mail accounts for a new employee?
- How do I establish a telephone account for a new employee?
- I would like to post a position vacancy on your website but it’s not a position located at UNH or USNH. How would I go about that?
- How do I change my address?
- (603) 862-1400. They are also available and accessible in electronic form by logging into your WISE account.
Changes to your W-4 can be electronically by logging into your WISE account, or you can submit the form to Payroll, 2 Leavitt Lane.
I have recently had a change in status (married, divorced *, widowed, birth). What happens to my benefits?Please visit the Change in Status page.
- More information on Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
interim disability. Operating Staff on Earned Time need to use their ET/Sick Pool in order to be paid. More information on Maternity Leave for PAT and for OS.
Bring a Certification of Health Care Provider form to your provider for completion, and then return it to Human Resources. Also, complete a Request for Leave form and after your supervisor has approved the leave, submit it to UNH Human Resources. FMLA leave provides up to 12 weeks off with job protection to eligible employees for covered reasons, in conjunction with the University's regular leave programs.
- Jury Duty and Witness Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a benefit prepaid by the University System of New Hampshire. It offers a highly professional, confidential counseling and referral service to employees and their families (spouse and dependents) to provide assistance with any issues that interfere with their work or personal life. Local counselors are available off-campus (anywhere in the U.S.) and in your home communities. To schedule an appointment call 1-800-424-1749.
www.myusnhbenefits.net and check Retirement Limits. If you wish to enroll, click on Enroll in or Change Retirement Benefits. Once the enrollment is completed, after clicking on the “Finish” button, you will receive a notice that your selections have been "pended" until HR has verified your selections and updated the record. Changes to retirement can be made once per month and are effective the 1st of the month following the change.
TIAA-CREF requires an additional application for a supplemental retirement account (SRA), while Fidelity Investments does not require an application.
Employees may also enroll in a 457(b) deferred compensation plan to set aside additional dollars for retirement. Both vendors will require a separate application for the 457(b) plan.
For more information and enrollment instructions:
TIAA-CREF enrollment instructions
Fidelity Investments website
Fidelity enrollment instructions
I have questions about my retirement options. When will there be retirement vendor representatives on campus?Both vendor representatives (TIAA-CREF and Fidelity Investments) are on the Durham campus several times each month. Representative’s are available to meet with you in person in the MUB or over the phone. To view campus visit dates and to schedule an appointment see Retirement Information Sessions.
In the winter, I hear on the radio that curtailed operations has been called and that only "essential personnel" need to report to work. How do I know if I am considered "essential personnel?"Employees who are designated as "essential personnel" will be so advised by their supervisor. For more information see UNH Curtailed Operations.
My department is preparing a PD (Position Description) to establish a job title for a new/existing position. What are the deadlines for submitting this form to Human Resources?For PAT positions, go to Classification page for deadlines. Operating Staff PDQ's are reviewed within UNH Human Resources with no designated deadlines.
- Performance Management page for more information.
I have a situation in my workplace that has not been resolved informally to my satisfaction. Can I file a complaint or a grievance?You may proceed with your issue by contacting your HR Partner for assistance. The Fast and Impartial Resolution (FAIR) complaint and grievance process provides for the fair and equitable resolution of complaints, misunderstandings, and grievances for University benefits-eligible employees who are not in the initial introductory period.
- New Employee Account Application Checklist and IT's New Employee Roadmap.
- Forms for Ordering Services webpage. All Department forms should only be submitted by the Telecom Account Manager or their designated representative. Please note the different forms for Authorization Codes - department codes are only those paid for by the department.
I would like to post a position vacancy on your website but it’s not a position located at UNH or USNH. How would I go about that?
If you are looking to post a non-USNH vacancy, please contact our UNH Career Center at 603-862-2064. You can also visit their website at: www.unh.edu/uacc
Change of Address form and submit to HR, 2 Leavitt Lane via campus mail.