Background Checks Process
- The initial job posting will include a statement regarding the requirement for a background review.
- The hiring department will complete and submit the background check request online form: Request a Background Check.
- Human Resources will review all requests. Approved requests will be submitted to the background check vendor.
- The applicant will be sent an email from the vendor with a link to submit the information required to process the background check request.
- Refusal on the part of a finalist to authorize a background review will make the individual ineligible for employment.
- The vendor will send the completed reports to Human Resources upon the completion of the verification process.
- If there is no record of criminal convictions, the Human Resources coordinator will send an email to the hiring department to confirm that they may move forward with the hiring process.
- If there is potentially disqualifying information the Human Resources Partner will communicate results to the hiring department on set criteria as according to policy.