Skip to Content Find it Fast

This browser does not support Cascading Style Sheets.

Assignment Processes

Living @ UNH

Requesting Release from the Housing Contractarrow

When you signed up to live on-campus, you agreed to the terms and conditions of the Room and Board Agreement which clearly states in Section A2 that the commitment is for the full academic year (both semesters).  You are therefore legally and financially bound to fulfilling the agreement.  Any request to be released from this commitment must be submitted formally via a petition from release from housing.

Petition for release from the housing contract for Semester I 2014 (Fall 2014) is made by completing a online Semester I Petition for Release from Housing. Amounts of the possible deposit refund are based on when the petition/cancellation was received. Per the Room and Board Agreement, petitions/cancellations received prior to 1 June, can receive a 50% refund of the housing deposit. For more information regarding the deadlines and petitions/cancellations, please visit our Petition Helppetition FAQ's and read the applicable Room and Board Agreement.

To submit a Petition for Release, login to the Housing Online module in Blackboard (via the Webcat Services tab) and hover over the Assignments/Forms link in the horizontal blue menu bar. Select Petition for Release from the drop down menu (see illustration).

For more information about the petition process for Semester II, please visit our Petition frequently asked questions (FAQ's) page.

*You are viewing pages printed from
These pages appear differently when viewed online.