Mid-Year Between Hall Room Change Process: What to Expect
Between Hall appointments will take place over four days, Monday, December 2nd through Thursday, December 5th.
Between Hall is an appointment-only process beginning Monday, November 18th! Interested students must schedule an appointment by calling Housing at (603) 862-2120.
Between Hall appointments will last no more than 10 minutes and are scheduled back-to-back. Please arrive a few minutes before your scheduled time.
During your 10-minute appointment:
- -You will not receive a specific assignment for the spring semester. You will however meet personally with a Housing staff person to discuss your room change preferences.
- -The staff person will review with you the steps that you must follow to be eligible for a new housing assignment for the spring semester as well as how you will be contacted when a specific offer is available to you.
- -The Housing staff person will have you sign a document that includes all of the information you discussed during the meeting. You will receive a copy of the form.
After your appointment and before you leave for winter break:
- -You must remove all of your belongings from your fall semester room and complete an official check-out with a hall staff member. If you live in a keyed room, you must return your key during the check-out process. If you do not complete these steps, your request for a new assignment will be cancelled and your 2013 fall semester assignment will be reinstated for the 2014 spring semester.
Once Housing receives confirmation from your Hall Director that you have properly checked out of your fall semester room, you can expect the following:
- -A staff member from UNH Housing will contact you at the number provided during your appointment as soon as we have a specific space to offer you. Housing will begin to make offers as early as December 16th and will continue to do so right up until the halls reopen on January 19th. We understand that you are anxious to know your new assignment and will try to let you know as soon as possible.
- -We will make offers via telephone and during each call will give a specific reply deadline, normally not to exceed one business day. If you do not respond by the specified time, Housing will assume that you do not want the space and will cancel your request for a room change. To ensure that you receive our call, please be sure that your voice mailbox is set up to receive messages. Please check it at least once each day (Monday-Friday).
- -If your room change involves moving from one room type to another, such as a triple to a double, your Semester II bill will be adjusted accordingly and it is your responsibility to pay the difference.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND that while there is a very strong likelihood that we will be able to offer you a space that meets your request, it is not a guarantee. If we are not able to offer you a new space, your fall assignment will carry forward in to the spring semester.