Got Group? Good!
To participate in the on Online Housing Sign-Up Process you must be part of a group. Groups can be as simple as a "group of 1" if you are trying to get a single, or as complex as a "group of six/seven" if you and your friends are trying for a suite in SERC/Mills or an on-campus apartment.
As soon as you complete your Online Housing Reapplication and pay your housing deposit, we strongly encourage you to set up your group using the Online Housing Sign-Up application. Here are some screen shots on just how easy it is to setup, adjust, and even disband your group.
Here's the Housing OnLine page
- Select Housing SignUp from Menu Bar
- Select My Room SignUp
Here's the Welcome Screen
- Notice your signup number?
- Notice the two actions you can take, either "Join a Group" or "Be a Captain to a Group"?
- You and your friends need to decide who will be the "captain" and who will join the group
- If you are trying for a single, you will be your own captain
Here is the Captain/Group Page
- As a captain, you can invite additional people into your group.
- Those invited respond by logging into their Housing SignUp page and accepting/rejecting your invitation (it's alot like Facebook and accepting friend requests--it should feel pretty familiar)
You could disband your group (oh no, say it isn't so!)
- Send the group an e-mail and stuff like that