First-Year Roommate Classifieds
We are excited to offer you the opportunity to use our roommate classifieds to seek a potential roommate. It works this way:
1) First of all you need to be an accepted first-year student and have already submitted an on-line Enrollment and Housing/Dining application and paid your UNH enrollment and housing deposit!
It works this way:
1) Login to Blackboard's Housing Online module (Blackboard > Webcat/Svs > Housing Online > First Year Continue). Once you are in the Housing Online website, navigate to "Roommate Classifieds (in the blue menu bar)> Create & Edit Classifieds".
2) This will bring up an option to create an ad (or edit one if already created). Complete the form. Remember ads that are written well and contain critical matching information will get the most reviews/hits. For instance, an ad that says only: looking for female roommate, won't get near the buzz or interest as this ad: Hi, I'm a sophomore who's looking for a great roommate for next year. I don't run with scissors and can usually be trusted to keep my side of the room within Department of Health codes (grin). Make sure you list what's important to you in finding or listing your roommate potential.
3) Once the ad is approved, usually within a day, you can view your classified, or (at any time) browse through all roommate classifieds. Each listing will remain active for 30 days. If you want to renew your ad, just go to the create/edit menu and change/update what you want and resubmit.
4) Of course, meeting and arranging your match is still the same. Find them on Facebook, or e-mail them and initiate a dialog to start the ball rolling!
5) If you want to request this person as a roommate, then log back into your First Year Enrollment/Housing/Dining application and "update your choices". Remember that roommate matching can only occur if all parties mutually request each other!