- Built in 1908 at a cost of $28,500
- Back wing added during WWI
- Renovated in 1993 at a cost of $2 million
- Named in honor of Alice Hamilton Smith
- Angela Congreve Onderdonk, stepdaughter of Hamilton Smith, following the wishes of her mother, gave $16,000 to help pay for the construction of a women’s residence hall.