UNH apartment Living Rocks! Video Contest: Rules and Restrictions
- Submissions must be turned in on a flash drive to the UNH Housing Office by no later than February 2, 2013, at 5:00pm.
- Voting via Youtube will occur in early February, specific times to be announced.
- “Best Video” and “People’s Choice” winners will be announced in February 2013 online at Housing's website and Facebook pages.
UNH Housing is looking for brief videos that showcase why living in the apartments rocks. You don’t have to be a professional film maker to enter-all you need is a video recording device and an idea.
By chance we stumbled on to a video for a similar contest at San Diego State University: (available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOnTi4yseWs) and we were inspired to hold a contest. We’re excited to see what you come up with involving Woodside and Gables!
- The “UNH Apartment Living Rocks” video contest is open to all undergraduate and graduate full-time and par-time UNH students enrolled at UNH during the contest dates.
- By entering this contest, you grant UNH housing a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to your video and/or image in any media for promotion and all other non-commercial purposes. You grant UNH permission to edit or modify your video at the sole discretion of UNH Housing, and to display your video on websites, social media, in person, print, etc.
- Multiple video entries may be submitted per individual or group.
- All videos must be:
- 30 seconds to 2 minutes in length
- Less than 20G in size
- 4:3 aspect or 16:9 aspect ratio
- Submitted in one of the following formats: .avi; .mov; .m4a; .mpg; .flv or .swf, .wma
- All entries must be submitted in person on a flash drive to the UNH Housing Office (10 Academic Way).
- All contestants must follow the terms of agreement for submission to YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/t/terms), including but not limited to:
- Compliance with all copyright laws.
- Compliance with YouTube’s policy that uploaders must be “either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service.”
- Obtain release forms for all of the people featured in your video. You must provide UNH Housing with the forms if requested. A release form is provided below.
- You agree to indemnify UNH Housing for any claim, demand, judgment, or other allegation arising from your possible violation of a third party’s trademark, copyright, or other legally protected interest in any way in your video or still image.
- Submitted videos must not contain product or service promotions and submitted videos cannot be used for commercial purposes. Using the "UNH Apartment Living Rocks" video contest to promote products or services is prohibited.
- All contest submitters agree not to make any use of those portions of their submissions which use UNH Housing trademarks (including XXXXXX.com, UNH Housing logo, or XXX) without prior written approval from UNH Housing except for educational purposes.
- Refrain from using profanity, violence, sex or personal attacks on individuals or organizations as these will be grounds for disqualification.
- See http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines for more guidelines.
- UNH Housing reserves the right to exclude any submissions that contain inappropriate content or do not follow the submission requirements.
- UNH Housing reserves the right to change any part of the contest, including the number of prizes awarded should we not receive the amount of entries anticipated.
- While employees of UNH Housing can submit an entry, they are not eligible to win any prize.
- The “Best Video” winner will be chosen by a panel of UNH Housing staff members, after reviewing all of the entries.
- The “People’s Choice” winner will be determined by video entry which has the most likes on Youtube.
- Winners will be announced on Housing's website and on Housing's Facebook page in February 2013.
- Only the person designated as the Director wins the prize, not each individual within a group.
- One iPad mini will be awarded to the Director of the video chosen as the “Best Video” Winner. Additionally, a pizza party will be provided for a group of participants, if applicable.
- One iPad mini will be awarded to the Director of the video determined to be the “People’s Choice” Winner. Additionally, a pizza party will be provided for a group of participants, if applicable.
- The Directors of the top ten entries chosen by UNH Housing will receive $25 in Cat’s Cache.
UNH Apartment Living Rocks” Video Contest Release Form
For good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby consent to the photographing and/or digital recording of myself and the recording of my image and voice and the use of these photographs and/or recordings singularly or in conjunction with other photographs and/or recordings for advertising, publicity, commercial or other business purposes. I understand that the term "photograph" as used herein encompasses both still photographs and motion picture footage.
I further consent to the reproduction and/or authorization by _______________________to reproduce and use said photographs and recordings of my voice, for use in all domestic and foreign markets.
Further, I understand that the University of New Hampshire (UNH) Housing department, with or without the consent of _______________________may use and/or reproduce such photographs and recordings. I hereby release UNH Housing from all claims of every kind on account of such use.
If Model is under 18:
I, _______________________am the parent/legal guardian of the individual named below. I have read this release and agree to its terms.