Moving In To UNH's On-Campus Apartments?
What To Bring...And What To Leave Behind
Our apartment bedrooms are furnished with a twin bed, a desk, desk chair, dresser, and closet. The living room furniture includes a sofa, two chairs, two end tables, a coffee table and lamps. Your kitchen will be equipped with a full-size refrigerator, oven and range, sink, cabinets, and a dining table with chairs. You will assume responsibility for these items and they will be yours for the length of your stay. You will need to provide the following items:
- Gables and Woodside apartments are furnished with long twin mattresses (36 x 80). These mattresses require long twin sheets.
- pillow & pillow case
- alarm clock
- clothes hangers
- toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, etc.)
- trash container
- shower curtains and bathroom accessories (in Gables North and South, make sure the shower curtains are extra long or use double shower rings)
- high quality surge protector
Here are some items that you may want to bring or purchase once you arrive:
- Laundry basket & detergent
- Decorations for your apartment
- Message board for your door
- dishes, silverware, kitchen appliances
- Desk lamps
- Rug or other floor covering
- Radio or stereo
- Desk supplies (pens, paper)
- Storage space is not available. Students are expected to keep all personal items within the confines of their apartments.
Please note: The following items are prohbited in any apartment:
- pets of any kind, except non-dangerous fish in aquariums that hold 10 gallons of water or less
- halogen lights
- items that hang from the ceiling
Microwaves rated with a power output of 800 watts or less are allowed in the apartments.
Residents of The Gables, Woodside Apartments, Forest Park Apartments and Babcock Hall receive their mail in their respective areas, and will receive their mailing information at check-in.
All aparments have high-speed internet access via the Campus Residential Network (ResNet). For more information on direct computer connections (and specific computer requirements, call the CIS Help Desk at (603) 862-4242 or check out their website.