Welcome to Wildcat Country!


Your decision to attend the University of New Hampshire is the beginning of an exciting journey but you may have questions about how

Residents of Congreve hall leaving via the accessible front door ramp

well our facilities will meet your needs.  Some of your questions likely deal with safety, accessibility and ease of mobility in the residential areas of campus.  Answering your questions and helping you succeed is important to us!

The Department of Housing works closely with the UNH Disability Services for Students Office (DSS).  If you wish to request a reasonable accommodation based on a physical or psychological disability, complete your enrollment deposit and housing application and then contact DSS as soon as possible.  DSS will direct you on the process for submitting documentation for their review.  If it is determined a housing accommodation is appropriate based on your documented need, DSS staff will communicate directly with Housing on your behalf.  Early communication with DSS ensures that Housing has as much time as possible to identify an appropriate and reasonable accommodation for you.

Any approved accommodations will be established based on your individual situation.  We can meet almost any need including but not limited to wheelchair accessible rooms and buildings, audible and visual fire alerts, single rooms and electric door locks.

As a reminder, while requesting accommodation approval through DSS, you must continue to meet all application and deposit deadlines in order to be eligible for on-campus housing.  Registering with DSS does not take the place of submitting the required housing application and deposit.

DSS is a valuable resource for UNH students with disabilities and in addition to housing can assist students with classroom accommodations, adaptive technology, writing assistance, counseling and faculty consultation.  Please visit the DSS website for more information.  

Residence Halls with Accessibility Options


Additional resources: