The efforts of the Wellness work area domain are concentrated on improving the physical and mental well-being of our campus community by promoting engagement in healthy eating practices and active lifestyles. The work team will evaluate the degree to which the UNH community can easily access healthy food, exercise and other self-care and self-improvement options, and devise plans for eliminating barriers. The team will further foster opportunities for peer-led activities and support to strengthen the community and its health focus.
This work area began with four major objectives:
- Define our desired health and wellness outcomes.
- Make physical space design, workplace policy and food service recommendations that reflect our desired outcomes.
- Identify and leverage existing resources across campus to promote health and well-being.
- Leverage technology to effectively communicate with and engage employees and students, including personal health records or similar technology.
To learn more about Wellness, enroll in one of the courses listed on the Healthy UNH Courses page.
- Key Resources
- Physical Activity
- Mental Wellness
- Health Care Consumerism
- Cost Variation
- Appropriate Emergency Room Use
- Avoid Duplicate Radiologic Testing
- Increase Generic Drug Use
- Use Independent Labs
- Healthcare Spending
- Establish a Medical Home
- Understanding Health Insurance
- Using the Health Education Benefit on Campus
- USNH Benefit Resources
- Health Blog
- Contact Us